Desktop Application: Latest OS X versions – Setup doesn't launch because of unidentified developer
When you try to launch the MyScript for Livescribe, MyScript Studio or MyScript Stylus setup, a message displays and alerts you that: "MyScript....pkg can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer."
This is because MAC Maverick has increased its security level. You can however install the application by following these steps:
- Open the system preference window.
- Select “Security and privacy”.
- Choose the “Anywhere” option under “Allow apps downloaded from” (You should login as an administrator).
You can now launch again the MyScript desktop application setup.
A message still displays but you can choose “Continue” and begin the installation
Desktop Application: – if the application crashes at launch
Please check that the 'run in 32 bit mode' is enabled "Get Info / uncheck 64-bit Application (or check run in 32 bit mode)" then relaunch.
On new macbooks 'run in 32 bit mode' is not always available, but a user reported us how to avoid the crash of the license installer (thanks to him!)
1. Reset the launch services database. Copy and paste this into Terminal:
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchSe rvices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user
2. Re-booted into safe mode (shut down, startup, hold shift at startup chime but not before, release shift when you see the grey Apple logo. Restart into normal mode again.
3. Re-installed MyScript and activation should be successful!
Article ID: 190
Category: Other Apps for Windows/Mac
Views : 2964
Rating (Votes): (29)